Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hairless

I posted a few pictures to my facebook page and realized that not everyone would be able to see it.

As a part of grooming standards at the academy here, I have to keep my hair clipped to less than 3/8" all around. I've got my own electric hair clippers which I use bi-weekly to cut it down to 1/8". 1/8" is nearly bald, and my head shape isn't as weird as it was when I was growing up, either that, or I am far less self conscious. Anyways, I've been toying with the idea of shaving my head completely bald for the past few weeks.

Today I did it. I had nothing better to do, kind of like the time on my mission that I was stuck inside for a while during a period where they didn't want us outside tracting and I shaved my legs (ladies, I have no idea how you put up with that, my pants stuck to my legs for days. It drove me nuts.)









I don't think it looks half bad. I'm not afraid of looking like this again if I end up becoming more follicly challenged. It feels super weird though to touch up there and feel sandpaper.

2 comments:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

Ceri came over for dinner today and saw your pics on her cel phone. She showed Bailey and we all had a good laugh--with you. Not at you.

: )

But you're right. Your cranium IS more uniformly shaped than it was when you were little and Dad shaved your head.

Jenn said...

You're still handsome with or without hair.

All the kids laughed here, too when they saw. Emery said, "Dad you look silly!"