Monday, January 17, 2011

Oh My Gosh I Almost Stepped On It!!!

Saturday we were leaving the house and getting the kids in the car. It was raining outside and we were taking the kids to the library to reward some good behavior. Jenn started carrying Joelle over to her side of the car, and then she screamed the title of this post. I was puzzled for a moment, but quickly figured out what must have happened.

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..



This is the first snake I'd seen since we've been at this house. I think it looks pretty cool, and all the kids concurred, even Emery. It just sat there, staring at us. We left it alone and went to the library. Jenn is just going to have to get over being afraid of snakes, I'm sure it won't be the last time she sees one.

3 comments:

J.F. said...

That's a cool looking snake. Should help keep the other varmints down around the house too!

Jenn said...

If it keeps the mice and cockroaches away and stays away from me then it can stay. Oh, and for the record I didn't scream. I've screamed on other occasions, but I thought I kept my compsure considering I was carrying Joelle.

Wag-a-Muffin said...

It's the same color green as a garden hose. (Are you sure that's a real snake?)