Sunday, March 24, 2013

Progress

A few weeks ago, I mildly strained my hamstring while doing a sprint workout with Bailey.  It wasn't horrible, I even did some jogging the next day.  I'm still feeling a twinge at times when I've got to exert some effort, but it's gotten better for the most part.  I switched to using the elliptical machine at work instead of the treadmill to take a little bit of the stress off of it.

I've been able to stretch my cardio workouts from 20-30 minutes to up to an hour a day.  My legs aren't tiring out as fast now, which is good.  I ran a 7:30 mile on the treadmill as the last part of my workout yesterday.  I've incorporated a little bit of weight training into my workouts as well.

We just finished up our annual physicals with the fire department.  My sugar reading is back in the normal range, which is nice.  I've still got a few issues with my cholesterol, but nothing that can't be solved by losing weight and getting into better shape.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot to talk about.

No comments: