Friday, May 29, 2009

Border Patrol

I went to my Border Patrol Oral Board today. It was out past the Salt Lake airport at a hotel. I had to be there at 7:45 am.

There were 6 of us that were needing an interview. They went in alphabetical order so I went third. Each interview took about an hour. So after sitting in the lobby for 2 hours, talking to the other applicants, I got called up into the room.

I answered their questions as thoroughly as I could without any real law enforcement knowledge, and left the room feeling really stupid. I totally blew it. They finally called me back in and told me that I had done really well, and that they liked my thought processes, and that I had passed. I thanked them for their time and for the job that they did, and went on my way.

The three agents that were on my board were all normal agents from the Tuscon sector. I have to say that I was very impressed with them, and I'm excited that I'll have a good career with the Border Patrol if most agents are half as decent as they were.

4 comments:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

We are ALL so happy, Chase. Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

So that means your in?! Where, when? Way to go! :)

Chase said...

I've still got to pass my background investigation and a drug test. Considering the amount of times I've changed jobs, and the number of different residences we've had, it might be a while for the investigation.

Ceri said...

good job! That is so exciting! I am glad it went well, we were routing for you!:)