Monday, December 21, 2009

Dinky Vacation

Since we are very uncertain how far away we will be living next Christmas, we decided to take a short trip to California this year. We're spending 4 days with my mom and dad, and then driving back up so I can deliver the mail on Saturday (should be delightful with all the late packages and After Christmas Sale ads.

I still haven't heard back from Oklahoma City about how my interview went. I was told that they were still undecided if they would be able to budget for new positions. I'm hoping that no news is good news, because if I hadn't done well enough to be considered for a job, it would have been easy to tell me even if they were waiting on budgetary decisions to be made. I'm not holding my breath though, but I'd be happy to work and live there.

I am forging on in the Houston FD hiring process now. I was called 2 weeks ago about getting travel plans there in the middle of January. I'll be taking my fitness test, getting interviewed, fingerprinted and polygraphed. A few days later I will be taking the San Antonio fitness test, which is great because it saves me another plane trip and forces me to spend a few days in the area checking things out. I intend to go to church in Houston and ask the people there where I should be looking to live.

Anyways, thats about it for me. I'll post news whenever it happens.

1 comment:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

It was a great visit except that almost everyone got deathly sick. (No, really. Thank you for coming.)