Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Amazing Shopko Clearance Rack

When we moved in to Jenn's parents' basement in April, we weren't planning on being here this long. I misjudged the amount of time it takes to get through government hiring processes, as well as my ability to find work to fill in the gap. I only brought 3 pairs of exercise shorts with me, which I mostly used as pajamas.

Any clothes I wear during my workouts now are unusable until they can be washed. They have stink lines radiating from them after an hour of sweating in them. I had been looking for a good deal on some shorts in the newspaper and I hadn't seen much.

Shopko finally had a sale on some generic brand shorts that were normally 12 bucks. They were selling for 7.50. We decided to go check it out. I found 4 nice pairs, and walked around the store with Bailey and Emery while Jenn tried on clothes. I had PLENTY of time, let me tell you. You shouldn't go clothes shopping with an immensely pregnant woman unless you're a pillar of patience, and lucky for all of us I am :). I decided to go look at the clearance rack before heading over to the register to pay for our clothes. I found shorts on clearance for 2.99 and 4.99. I got 6 pairs for less than the original 4 I had picked out. The shorts on clearance were nicer than the ones that were on sale too. I guess they had been discontinued or something (the newer ones appear to have been made from shinier fabric, that was the only difference). Anyways, I cleaned them out of their XXL and XL shorts. I'm feeling good.

Now I can work out 8 times a week and not run out of shorts, and not repulse the people on the treadmills next to me at the gym or faint from my own foul smell. I don't remember ever sweating as much during high school or collegiate athletics. Getting old stinks, literally.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I like ponies!

Wag-a-Muffin said...

Jenn, you need to explain your comment.

Chase Fox--Shopko Aficionado.

Chase said...

Someone has been leaving comments on blogs without checking to see who she is logged in as (I won't mention any names) I happen to know her password.

I'm the one who likes ponies, not Jenn.

Jenn said...

Chase, is getting back at me for accidentally leaving a comment on a post under his name. I thought I was logged in under myself.

And let me tell you about the "pillar of patience". Whatever! I tried on 4 pairs of stretchy pants and a sweater and I am very quick, trust me. If anything takes more than 2 min., it requires an exertion of "patience" on Chase's part.

And, yes, YOU are the one that likes ponies : ).

Wag-a-Muffin said...

For such a good husband (and I only know this because I read Jenn's face book) you have a mean streak.

Chase said...

I could have been meaner, who doesn't like ponies?

Jenn said...

He's wonderful for the most part, there are only a few moments when he's a stinker and thinks he's really funny. But life would be boring if he wasn't!