Sunday, September 7, 2008

The start of something really really small...

So, I've never been told to my face that my mom wants me to start a blog. I just sort of heard that through the grapevine (thanks Brie... I think)

HomestarJr is my nickname on numerous online forums and games. It's also a not so obscure reference from homestarrunner.com (just in case anyone outside my family ever reads this, I'm not really hoping to reach a broad audience). Somebody eat that sandwich is a line uttered by Homestar Runner at the end of "Where's the Cheat" after Marzipan becomes attached to and refuses to eat the veggie burger that was made for her. I thought that would be a good name for my blog, because if anyone ever asked me to eat a sandwich, I would oblige. I think everyone who knows me knows that.

We'll see how this works out. I don't really plan on updating this thing religiously, but you never know. I like to write, and if enough people laugh at the stuff I write that is supposed to be funny, I might just keep going.

3 comments:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

Oh Chase,
You are such a witty man.


No, really. I liked it. And someday English classes around the country will be discussing the symbolism of "Somebody eat that sandwich!" (Personally I find it allegorical and metaphysical.)

Brie said...

You're welcome, I think. I'm glad you've decided to blog, too.

Ceri said...

I am glad that Brie has helped everyone see the light!:) Chase they might even have a homestar background you can get for free. There are 2 places I know of that do free backgrounds. Pyzam.com and the cutestblogontheblock.com I am not sure that the latter would have homestar, but you never know. Well, I enjoyed your blog.