Saturday, November 29, 2008

Temple Square

We decided to take the kids up to Temple Square on the day after Thanksgiving, the first day they do the Christmas lights. It sure was crowded.

We told the kids that we were taking them for a surprise about a week ago, but we didn't tell them where. We all piled into the van wearing wintery clothing, and headed to the Sandy Trax station. I pointed out the prison just past point of the mountain, and told them that was the surprise and that we were turning around. Cam yelled angrily "That was the dumbest surprise ever!"

We got to the train, and that made up for the teasing. We rode it all the way from Sandy to Temple Square, got off, and walked a block to the temple grounds. There were lots of pretty lights and statues. While we were walking through, some high school students doing a project asked if our kids would like to be on camera telling what they think Christmas is. Bailey was the only once brave enough to talk, but wouldn't speak up past a whisper. I was standing right next to her and couldn't hear her. If you see her around our house, you'd think she only had one volume, but apparently she can also be quiet when she needs to be loud.

We had a fun time, no one got lost, the trip was a success.







3 comments:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

I love the lizard Emery.
And your Cam "worst surprise ever" story reminded me of a time when Grandma Black was driving with us and Brie asked if we could go to a restaurant. Grandma Black said, "Sure. We'll go to the Fox Cafe." When we drove home and Brie discovered that Grandma had been teasing she was not happy at all.

Brie said...

That's the same thing it reminded me of. I'm glad you actually had a "real" surprise to do afterward. It looks like you had a fun time. Next time I'm in Utah, I'll have to make sure to take the train.

Ceri said...

I loved Cam's glowing jacket! He sure is a cool kid!:) I laughed out loud about the surprise thing too, sometimes I wish kids could stay that funny age forever, I would probably be a lot funnier if I was still that young. Maybe not.