Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Blog Title II

So, I've changed my blog title again. Why would I change my blog title from the coolest name ever to some bland name you might ask?

I lost my job with US Synthetic today. At work on Friday, I was trying to partition a hard drive that I was given so I could back up some computers. The computer that I chose to do my task did not give me the permission to partition or format hard drives, so I needed to get to another one. Unfortunately, the other computers were being used. So I sat and waited for one of them to vacate.

Then, the manager who spent all day in crappy cost cutting meetings came by, and saw 3 of his electricians just sitting there (mind you, nothing was broken, there were no maintenance calls at the time) I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, he called my staffing service that night to let me go, and told them that I was screwing around.

I had kind of expected to be let go anyways, but I'm a little bit upset that it was for what was perceived as a disciplinary problem. I'm hoping to be set up with another position soon within my employment agency.

6 comments:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

Chase. I am so sorry. You are in my prayers.

Ceri said...

I am so sorry. Is there anything that we can do to help? I wish I had a job to give you, and Brig too for that matter. We are praying for you.

Chase said...

We're doing ok so far, it hasn't really sunk in.

I'm going tomorrow to talk with the staffing people. I guess this coming week I'll figure out exactly how it's going to affect me. I really want to get my fire education out of the way, but I have no idea how I'm going to accomplish that without a job.

I wrote an email to the boss who basically fired me, and thanked him for the opportunity to learn under his crews. I explained that I normally didn't make excuses for my behavior, and that I usually just resolved to do better, but since I was no longer employed with him that I had to offer up why he found me on the computer, which was, for mainly job related stuff. I'm pretty sure that this would have happened anyways, there wasn't a whole lot of work to do, and the company was being pressured to cut costs. I think he saw an opportunity to make an example out of me and used it to get better behavior out of his crew. I wished him and his company well, and thanked him again for the opportunity.

I really did learn quite a bit of useful skills at that job, I had a number of well trained colleagues to learn from. I took advantage of it as much as I could.

I still think I'm better off not being at that craphole IMFT. I'll land on my feet. I have to believe that something better is on its way.

Ceri said...

What a great attitude, and great faith! Thank you for your example. I really appreciate that, I have the best family ever! I love you very much!

Stephanie said...

Oh, Chase - I'm so sorry to hear that. How horrible! We will be praying for you guys that something better suited for you comes along.

jennifer casady said...

Hi from the Casadys! We're excited to find your blog, but not about the job situation. Hope it works out for the best soon!