Friday, October 15, 2010

Big Lou's

Today was our National Registry EMT-B test. A few of us in the class thought it would be fun to go to Big Lou's (as seen on Man V. Food) for a hopefully celebratory lunch. I took my test at about 9:30 this morning, and finished in about an hour. I didn't feel great about it, but knowing that the majority of students pass it on the first try, I liked my chances. A lot of the questions were pretty vague, and I was narrowing the multiple choice question format down to the last 2 options without a clear winner more often than I would have liked.

I got home and got on the NREMT website, refreshed my page a few times, and left for Big Lou's without knowing if I had passed. This is what we ordered.







We had invited a few more than just 5 to try to take down the biggest pizza they made, but we made a valiant effort on it, coming up just short. The pizza was very good, at least the first slice was. It became less and less appealing the more I ate. I ate 3 slices, tops by about a half slice. If the other guys had pulled their weight, I might have been able to eat a little more to polish it off, but we ended up about 3 slices short. It was all pretty fun.

As we were leaving, one of the guys checked his phone and saw that he had passed the exam. I borrowed an iphone and found that I had as well, and it's a good thing, because bad news could have caused some explosive vomiting, which would have probably been frowned upon. It's one more hurdle cleared on my way to a great job.

4 comments:

Brie said...

That looks so good!

Jenn said...

Crazy! I'm glad you passed :)

Wag-a-Muffin said...

Cool about passing.

And I like your new blog photo.

everythingbright said...

Yay! That's awesome! Congrats!