Friday, October 1, 2010

Why I stick with Geico

The gecko makes housecalls! If I ever have a claim, I know he'll be here for me :)




I was on the phone taking care of some errands when I looked over and saw a lizard on my balcony screen door. I remembered Dad's lizard picture from his computer and it reminded me of that. So I grabbed the camera and tried to get a good picture. I think they turned out pretty detailed. Thanks to Dad for sending me his camera!

I went out for a run tonight after having taken 3 days off due to ambulance ride-alongs and hospital clinical work. I finished 1.5 miles in 9:45, which is pretty darned amazing considering where I was last year, or even 3 months ago. It's 25 seconds faster than my best time so far. I continued running up to 3 miles in 21:40. I'm getting closer to sniffing times that I might have been able to run in high school. I'm building endurance for faster runs pretty quickly, as I've changed from running lots of mileage to focusing on speed at shorter distances. Dropping 10 pounds since the academy has started has surely helped. Now when I run, I feel like I'm actually running rather than just jogging, pushing rather than just falling forward. I also saw 2 bucks on my run today. One of them scared me, it was right at the start of my run and I was focusing on keeping up a good pace rather than my surroundings. I guess I snuck up on him too, because he startled and leaped off the trail into the bushes as I passed.

3 comments:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

I thought you meant you found some money on your run.

(It made me think of the "Strange Brew" line, "All I've got are two fives." I'll pay for my happy meal with these two bucks--and then you haul two male deer up to the cash register. Yeah, I am a weird mom.)

But on topic, your four oldest kids saw a grass snake with me at the Sports Complex. I wish I would have had my camera. She was really a cute little baby snake.

Jenn said...

Cool pics, they turned out really good! I'll have to post the pics of our dragon fly for you. I'm just glad the buck ran away instead of charging you.

Brie said...

You're totally beating me in running right now. I haven't been doing too well lately. The last two days I've only run a total of 3.5 miles. I plan on getting back on track next week.