Friday, November 12, 2010

Hiking, Donuts, and BBQ

We got Veteran's Day off from the academy. It was a little weird getting a Thursday off in the middle of a week, but the day off was well appreciated. I'd like to say thanks to all the veterans out there, not because we got the day off, but because of your contributions and sacrifices for our country.

A few of us cadets drove up to Georgetown to go hiking at Lake Georgetown. On the way, we passed through Round Rock, so we stopped at Round Rock Donuts as seen on Man V Food. A friend and I shared a Texas Sized glazed donut. It wasn't bad, but I was expecting better. There wasn't a whole lot of orange flavor in the donut or the glaze. I also had an eclaire, which was pretty tasty.



The lake wasn't too far, but it was just a place to walk really, nothing incredibly scenic. We hiked part of the way around the lake and were out for about 3 and a half hours walking, and maybe 10 minutes skipping rocks.




On the way back from hiking, we detoured over into Driftwood and went to The Salt Lick. It was good, just as good as it was the first time I went. I wish I hadn't eaten the donuts, could have squeezed in more brisket and ribs.

4 comments:

J.F. said...

I hope you take me to some of those good eatin' places when I'm there in February.

Chase said...

I was planning on it :)

Jenn said...

I want a donut!

Jenn said...

...And I want to go to the Salt Lick :).