Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home selling blues

Today on our way back from Jennifer's birthday dinner, we got a call from our agent telling us that the people who are buying our home don't have enough of a down payment to qualify for a mortgage, and that they are applying for a 3000 dollar grant so that they can still go through with it.

They've asked us for a 2 week extension, and it's not like we have much of a choice. We started emptying the house out on Saturday into a storage unit that we are renting. We've already gotten rid of Bailey and Addie's bunkbeds (sold on craigslist) and I just loaded the queen bed they were sharing into storage.

I guess we're putting the house back up, which means we're going to be spending lots of time keeping it clean, and who knows where we're going to hide all the boxes.

On the bright side, this gives me at least 2 more weeks to find a job that will be good enough that we can at least get by here and not have to move. The house is in much better condition now than it was the past 2 years, and it might be a pleasant summer with a working swamp cooler.

2 comments:

Ceri said...

wow, that is crazy, I know everything will work out. And thank you so much by the way, what a great big brother you are, I have a mock board this week, but I think it would be too short of notice for you, especially if I couldn't even work on you.:)

Wag-a-Muffin said...

We had already moved up to the high desert when we found out that our house (down the hill) might not have sold.
It all worked out for us. I hope it does for you, too.