Friday, October 9, 2009

Job News

I received notification that I passed everything in the Border Patrol hiring process, and that I am now on the hiring list. Everyone that makes the list is guaranteed an offer eventually, so I shouldn't be jobless forever. From what I understand, a lot of the applicants are waiting 4-5 months now from the time they are notified that they pass until they are actually offered a job. They usually offer 2 locations for you to pick from, so we should be able to get a somewhat family friendly duty station. There are a few places that we probably won't be able to accept just due to the lack of amenities for a large family.

This is nice, because it leaves me time to see if I can get on with Oklahoma City Fire. It also gives me time to learn a few routes at the Post Office, and maybe pick up a few extra days a week.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's exciting news. Let us know when you get an offer. :)

Wag-a-Muffin said...

We are still going to fast and pray for you (probably until you've passed some job's probation period.)

Jenn said...

Wag, don't waste away on our account:)

Wag-a-Muffin said...

I hardly think we need to worry about that.

; )